WWE SmackDown Live 31 July 2018 Results Highlights Written Updates Charlotte Flair Returns :- Tonight we have seen another spectacular episode of SD Live where the Queen Charlotte Flair makes her return right before Summerslam 2018 also Randy Orton attacked Jeff Hardy once again, the Miz and Daniel Bryan confrontation and a lots more happened.
Tonights episode of SmackDown Live starts with an In-Ring Segment featuring Becky Lynch
Lynch says sometimes when you wait for something you start to think it will never happen. Lynch hasn’t had a shot at the Smackdown Women’s title in a very long time. Lynch push through it and is one step away from reaching her goal. It will be Lynch’s honor to walk into the first ever WWE Women’s PPV as the Smackdown Women’s Champion. Carmella comes out and tells Lynch to calm down because this isn’t what she thinks it is. Carmella says last week Lynch beat her fair and square. Carmella puts over how important Evolution is to everyone. Carmella tells the story of how she was told she would never be more than just a manager. Lynch was on the rise and a part of the Four Horsewomen of NXT. No matter how much Lynch had going on she always had time to give Carmella advice. Carmella says she appreciated it.
Carmella says Lynch was the centerpiece of the women’s division and the WWE Universe loves Lynch. Carmella starts to cry and says most of the WWE Universe doesn’t think Carmella deserves to be champion. Carmella says that she tries to fight back against all the haters on social media but it’s becoming to be too much. Carmella has to put on a brave face and tell herself that she deserves to be here. Carmella tells Lynch that they are going to tear the house down at SummerSlam. Carmella shakes Lynch’s hand. James Ellsworth’s music plays and Carmella attacks Lynch from behind. Carmella sets up a chair in the middle of the ring but before she can DDT Lynch on it Charlotte Flair runs down to the ring and makes the save.
WWE SMACKDOWN 31 July 2018 MATCH CARD & RESULTS
1. The Bar defeated The Usos in a Tag Team Contenders Tournament
2. Zelina Vega w/Andrade “Cien” Alams defeated Lana in a womens singles match
3. Charlotte Flair defeated Carmella in a Womens Singles match for the no. 1 contender spot for SD Live Womens Title
WWE SMACKDOWN 31 July 2018 HIGHLIGHTS
1. Carmella attacks Becky Lynch from Behind
2. Charlotte Flair returns and saves Becky Lynch from Carmella attack
3. Paige gives Charlotte a no. 1 contender match for SmackDown Womens Title against Carmella
4. Joe says last week he gave AJ Styles a message in only the way Joe can. Truth be told, Joe respect Styles. Joe respects the fact that Styles has made the WWE title the most prestigious title on the planet. Styles has put being champion in front of everything including being a part of his own family. Joe thinks it funny that last week Styles said he can look at his daughter and tell her she can be anything she wants to be. Joe knows Styles hasn’t been home long enough to look into his daughter’s eye, let alone be a father.
5. As per Samoa Joe, Styles has done everything to be champion including failing as a husband and father. Joe is going to take everything from Styles. While everyone is cheering for Styles, Styles knows deep down Styles own family will be cheering for Joe. In the end, Styles will finally be able to be a father to his kids while Joe is the new WWE Champion.
6. Shinsuke Nakamura and Randy Orton both attacked Jeff Hardy
7. Backstage, Lynch says she is happy Flair is back and her match tonight is a golden opportunity. Lynch knows that if Flair wins her chances go down at SummerSlam. Lynch says she isn’t rooting against Flair. She would never root against her best friend.
8. Backstage, The Bludgeon Brother says if Cesaro and Sheamus want to set the bar, the Bludgeon Brother will break it.
9. Backstage, English tries to apologize to Lana. Lana tells him to leave. Rusev runs in and yells for English to come here. English runs away. Rusev says if he was out there that would have never happened to Lana. Lana says she needed Rusev out there tonight and he was. Lana walks away.
10. Bryan puts over his wife and the WWE Evolution show. The announcement of the show is a huge step forward. Every time they take two steps forward it seems we take two steps back. Bryan shows footage of Miz throwing a baby at him last week. Bryan says watching that bother him. Why? Because for two years Miz taunted him. Miz thought he was safe since Bryan couldn’t wrestle. Then Bryan was cleared. Miz brought his wife and what he thought was Miz’s baby to the ring to create another wall to protect himself from Bryan. Miz knows that if they had a fair fight Bryan would destroy Miz. Bryan tells Miz to come out and prove him wrong. Miz appears on the ‘tron and says if Bryan wants to fight him Bryan has to earn it. Miz says he is on location for his show and if Bryan wants him Bryan needs to call his agent. Miz says the studio provided him with security. Bryan says he doesn’t care.
11. Bryan is here to fight and Miz is hiding. Miz is a coward. Miz says Bryan is a coward since Bryan walked away last Miz got in his face. Miz says he has been carrying Bryan and Miz made Bryan famous. Bryan tells Miz that Miz’s dream of being a huge Hollywood star is never going to happen. It’s been done before and by better people, Miz will never be the Rock. Hell Miz isn’t even John Cena. Nobody will ever remember Miz a great superstar because Miz is too soft. If Miz needs a big stage, Miz should come face Bryan at SummerSlam. Miz tells Bryan that everyone has moved on and Bryan needs to do that too. Bryan needs to just be quiet and go away. Miz calls Bryan a crybaby.
12. Backstage Becky Lynch watching Charlotte Flair winning against Carmella and she ain’t looked happy
Come back here again for more WWE SmackDown Live updates