Suresh Prabhu Introduced Rail Budget 2016 Major Announcements Rail Fairs New Trains Facilities Full Details :- As we all know that budget session of Indian parliament for year 2016 has been started earlier this week where after the president address we have seen some major face-offs between the ruling party and the opposition over Rohith Vemula suicide case and JNU ROW where both the sides attacked each other verbally.
But now today was the time for some serious business where current Railway miniter of India ‘Suresh Prabhu’ tabled the budget for the year 2016 – 2017 in a 2 hours long speech which he has given today on 25 February 2016 at around 12:00 PM noon.
Below are some of the major announcements regarding fairs, facilities, new trains etc made by Railway minister of India ‘Suresh Prabhu’ while introducing Rail Budget 2016 have a look :
- No increase in passenger fares and freight rate
- E-booking of tickets on concesional passes for journalists announceed.
- 33% reservation for women in reserved quota in railways has been introduced.
- Draft Bill for railway development authority to be drafted soon.
- Ajmer, Amritsar, Gaya, Mathura, Nanded, Varanasi, Nashik, Puri, Tirupati and Nagapattinam etc pilrim station to be renovated soon.
- Increase in lower birth quota for senior citizens by 50%.
- Cold-storage to be develop in waste lands near wear housing facilities.
- Elevated Suburban train corridors in Mumbai.
- Auto companies to benefit as India’s first rail auto hub will be set up in Chhenai.
- High speed passenger corridor from Ahmedabad to Mumbai.
- New uniforms and training for porter Coolies to be called ‘Shayakas’
- Baby milk and Hot water to be provided in trains.
- Railway stalls to cover-the-counter medicine.
- Local cuisine of choice to be made available to the passengers.
- World’s first bioflush toilets was developed by us in Dibrugarh Rajdhani, says Suresh Prabhu.
- Will work on three pillars: new revenue,new norms and new structure, says Suresh Prabhu.
- Battery operated services for the old and special people.
- Overnight double-decker train Uday Express to be introduced on busy routes, carrying capacity to be 40% more, says Prabhu.
Stay tuned with us for more updates on Rail Budget 2016-17