Country of a billion people India is all geared up to celebrate their 69th Independence Day tomorrow on 15 August 2015 Saturday and we will see Prime Minister Sh Narendra Modi Ji will host the Indian Flag Tiranga for the second time at Rajpath Delhi and he will also given a speech from there.
But a before 69th Independence Day of India President Sh Pranab Mukherjee gave a address which we also call as Sambodhan in Hindi from Rashtrapati Bhavan to the country and this is what he said :-
- Our institutions of democracy are under stress. The parliament has been converted into an arena of combat rather than debate.
- If the institutions of democracy are under pressure, it is time for serious thinking by the people and their parties. Correctives must come from within
- Democracy reshaped our ancient values into a modern context and institutionalized multiple freedoms
- The new chapters of India story are waiting to be written
Benefits of growth must reach the poorest of the poor much before they land in bank accounts of the richest of the rich
- Our country’s rise will be measured by the strength of our values. It will equally be determined by economic growth and equitable distribution of the nation’s resources
In his 30 minutes speech he gave more emphasis on the deadlock which we have seen in the Monsoon 2015 session of Indian Parliament and also on the education system.
Stay tuned with us for further updates of 69th Independence Day 2015